Long Draw Solar Project
Borden County, Texas
Commercial Operations Date:
Regional Transmission Organization:
Located in central Texas, the Long Draw Solar Project site is surrounded by native range and cattle grazing land. The project started construction in September 2019.
- Over 1,600 acres of land under long-term lease, including all planned solar panels, collection lines, and access roads
- 1.8-mile overhead transmission line route required for project under easement
- Generator Interconnection Agreement executed in August 2018
- 138 kV Interconnection at the Long Draw substation
- Protected Species Assessment complete
- No significant biological constraints identified
- No incidental take or eagle take permits required
- Long Draw Solar is sited in a rural area where large-scale energy projects bring much needed economic development, including short- and long-term employment as well as tax benefits to the local community.
- All discretionary permits have been acquired
- Ministerial permits for construction/operation are in the process of being obtained