Bluestone Solar Project
Mecklenburg County, Virginia
Commercial Operations Date:
Regional Transmission Organization:
Located near the town of Chase City in Southern Virginia, the project site consists of fallow agricultural and cleared timber land. Construction commenced in March 2019 and the Bluestone Solar Project is scheduled to come online in September 2020.
- Over 330 acres of land under long-term lease, including all planned solar panels, collection lines, and access roads
- Direct access to public road
- Project abuts transmission line
- Interconnection Service Agreement and Interconnection Construction Service Agreement executed in May 2018
- Project will interconnect at a 115kV terminal in the Chase City Substation through a newly built 0.7 miles attachment line
- Extensive environmental studies conducted and approved by responsible State agencies during the Project’s Permit-by-Rule review process
- No suitable habitat for any threatened or endangered species identified
- Environmental Management Plan and Unanticipated Discoveries Plan in place and strictly enforced
- Bluestone Solar is sited in a rural area where large-scale energy projects bring much needed economic development, including short- and long-term employment as well as tax benefits to the local community.
- All discretionary permits have been secured
- Ministerial permits for construction/operation are in the process of being obtained