Anson Solar Project
Jones County, Texas
Commercial Operations Date:
Regional Transmission Organization:
Located in central Texas, the project site is primarily agricultural in nature. The Anson Solar Project began construction in November 2019.
- Over 2,200 acres of land under long-term lease, including all planned solar panels, collection lines, and access roads
- Generator Interconnection Agreement executed in June 2019
- 345 kV Interconnection at Lone Star Transmission’s Phantom Hill Switching Station
- Critical Issues Assessment complete
- No significant biological constraints identified
- No incidental take or eagle take permits required
- Anson Solar is sited in a rural area where large-scale energy projects bring much needed economic development, including short- and long-term employment as well as tax benefits to the local community.
- All discretionary permits have been acquired
- Ministerial permits for construction/operation are in the process of being obtained